In 2015, eLearning had made great strides and impacted various industries. The advantages of eLearning are now becoming more pronounced with its uptake in enterprises across different sectors. According to a report by Bersin Deloitte, “Employers are finding that the right blend of technology-based learning can improve employee productivity by 20 to 25 percent, reduce training costs by 50 percent or more, and cut down on travel expenses.”
Learning Should Never Come to an End!
Working from home has become the norm in today’s society. But, it’s not just because of COVID-19 that we’re all working remotely for longer periods than before—the pandemic forced many organizations to prioritize employee and customer safety by temporarily shutting down offices or other brick-and-mortar stores to recover.
Learning and development are critical components of job training. Employees must continue to learn, but this becomes difficult with WFH. It is important to note that in a poll, almost 49% of employees stated that they had not experienced any skill improvement or development in the previous year.
We all recognize how essential learning at work can be; this brings us to focus on certain trends that may affect what’s ahead for training inside businesses across sectors in the future.
Let’s start digging! Are you ready?
Employee Training: Top-Notch eLearning Trends
1. LMS Modernization Through Learning Experience Platforms
Learning management systems were originally designed to help monitor and supervise eLearning. However, when used by students, the experience can be sub-par. Notably, Learning Experience Platforms (LEPs) are built in a way that complements your LMS. They also include various features which improve its overall mechanism.
How? Check it out!
- LEPs might be in the form of any type of information, including articles, videos, podcasts, etc. It’s also possible for them to deliver full-scale eLearning courses for quick access.
- Artificial intelligence can play a significant role in recommending eLearning content to students that best suits their tastes.
LEPs can also benefit your firm in several ways, including:
- Keep an eye on the training needs of your staff and create learning groups based on the information you get. A group of employees who enjoy podcasts should be encouraged to do the same for your LEP.
- Pilot the platform with a small group of students. Find out how LEP affects learning, and make any required adjustments to the pattern.
2. Social Learning: A Cost-Effective Learning Initiative
Businesses have spent an enormous amount on training new employees. And when they’re done with all that hard work to develop essential skills and knowledge? They realize how important it is for these trained workers to be cost-effective and provide value in return by developing future leaders who can take their company’s success into other areas or industries as well!
When it comes to saving money, what’s the best strategy? You can’t deny the importance of social learning.
Online education utilizes technology to link individuals and can be accomplished in the following ways:
- Programs of mentoring
- Tools for content creation
- Discussions during the course
The Following Are Some of the Ways This Trend Can Benefit You:
- Conduct an employee skills analysis: Analyze the data acquired via performance evaluations to determine employees’ strengths and shortcomings. Following that, pair workers to maintain a mentor-mentee connection.
- A social learning protocol must function as follows: The availability of materials that can drive people to take positive action is critical.
- Utilize existing networks to their full potential: It is necessary to maintain contact with superiors within the work network to learn about available learning resources.
3. Monitor The Training’s Influence
Employee training and performance management software solutions may be a huge benefit to a firm. How? Employees may obtain an automatically created report on areas for development, while supervisors can determine whether the training effort resulted in a beneficial outcome.
The following are some of the ways that the trend might help you:
- Systematize performance evaluations: Ensure that all teams use the same process for gaining insights. Additionally, a standard set for job interpretation and other aspects should exist.
4. Integrated Learning Within The Work Flow
Integrating an eLearning course and converting it to practical work is one of the most significant obstacles that employees confront throughout training. The presence of a manager or mentor during practical work is critical for correcting actions instantly if something goes wrong.
It’s when “learning while doing” comes in useful! Organizations may leverage artificial intelligence chatbots and other capabilities to deliver eLearning information in real-time.
To illustrate, below are a few examples:
- Are you nervous about your first meeting with the CEO? A pop-up window with recommendations on how to ace your first encounter may appear.
- Are you dealing with mountains of office data? The pop-up window now appears with information regarding data arrangement and management.
Isn’t it incredible?
A Brief Synopsis
Assuming that this article was beneficial to you, have you understood the role of eLearning trends in determining the future of employee training?
We are all aware of the importance of workplace learning, which is why eLearning systems may be critical in teaching new employees. Additionally, what is there? Taking advantage of the trends outlined above is impossible without a corresponding mobile app or platform.
Are you at a loss on what to do? Connecting with experts is your opportunity! As a result, engage professionals about your concept and create an app that enables your firm to expand efficiently.
So, are you prepared? Have a wonderful reading experience!